Weekend Wonders
I spent some time visiting Tammi and Des over the weekend, had a good time too.
Same thing different day. We made some plans for how to spend this weekend because it's my birthday and mother's day.
I drove Jen over to the hospital yesterday and she visited her brother. We're pretty worried, he might not make it. For future reference never, ever allow anyone to work on your teeth but a qualified dentist! Apparently he had the dental hygienist at his school's medical center do a filling, she didn't realize that he had four (I think) abscesses. The abscesses caused him to get an infection in his bloodstream, and now he's in the hospital (day 6), last night they gave him a tracheotomy and he's not breathing on his own. Our fingers are crossed though, but the outlook is dim.
So everyone please send out your prayers/huzzahs/wishes for Derrick, he really needs them.
On a lighter note, I went through the most painful experience of my life Monday night (childbirth was nothing in comparison)... I got my eyebrows plucked. They look really cute, but I'm not sure it was worth the hour of having Carmelle rip them out of my poor face.
She also cut my hair giving me a cute little face-framing set of bangs. Supposedly I'm insane because I don't own a flat iron, let alone a hair dryer. and according to Mellie I need to go out and buy both of these things immediately upon receiving my pay check. Ummm, maybe... having things like toilet paper around the house is a little more important tho.
Same thing different day. We made some plans for how to spend this weekend because it's my birthday and mother's day.
I drove Jen over to the hospital yesterday and she visited her brother. We're pretty worried, he might not make it. For future reference never, ever allow anyone to work on your teeth but a qualified dentist! Apparently he had the dental hygienist at his school's medical center do a filling, she didn't realize that he had four (I think) abscesses. The abscesses caused him to get an infection in his bloodstream, and now he's in the hospital (day 6), last night they gave him a tracheotomy and he's not breathing on his own. Our fingers are crossed though, but the outlook is dim.
So everyone please send out your prayers/huzzahs/wishes for Derrick, he really needs them.
On a lighter note, I went through the most painful experience of my life Monday night (childbirth was nothing in comparison)... I got my eyebrows plucked. They look really cute, but I'm not sure it was worth the hour of having Carmelle rip them out of my poor face.
She also cut my hair giving me a cute little face-framing set of bangs. Supposedly I'm insane because I don't own a flat iron, let alone a hair dryer. and according to Mellie I need to go out and buy both of these things immediately upon receiving my pay check. Ummm, maybe... having things like toilet paper around the house is a little more important tho.

4 Comments:
Getting all girly on us, huh?
I can't wait to see. Yay!
Ooooh i'm telling. Ariel spelled abscess wrong.
OMG! I did spell it wrong, don't tell anyone! I fixed it though, so the world will never know that I spelled something wrong.
:P
apparently I also spelled tracheotomy and Derrick wrong, thanks Jen.
But I fixed them too.
Post a Comment
<< Home