Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

4/27/2005

Bali Guy Returns

Finally got a response from the Bali guy, he's definitely an odd one. Definitely my type.
I'm not really sure what to think about his e-mail:

Dear Snowflake,
Bali is an interesting culture and is caught in the paradox that
what destroys it (sprawling tourism) is what actually preserves it
(the young Balinese maintain their parent's rituals because tourist
come to see Balinese culture and they want to meet the tourist's
lofty expectations -- or the tourism would die and they'd be poor
like their grandparents). Therefore Bali, from my somewhat
jaded perspective, is a gigolo culture that says and does what you
want to hear and get done in order to receive money. That includes
the five offerings a day they make to their gods to enhance their
luck and income. This dualism leaves the Balinese wholly without
integrity. In a word, they're phonies.
The island's unassailable beauty and value is what truly draws me
here. I originally came as a tourist, learned I could make a living
exporting the handicraft, made my fortune and retired here to a life
of writing. For income I rent privately owned luxury villas to rich to
tourists. My facility to make money is more a product of my Jewish
entrepreneurial heritage than my PhD's ABDs (in Theater and Philosophy).
You can find my pix and multiple snapshots of my soul at
www.e-poetryinmotion.com
Now you see me, now you know the subtext. You have the advantage.
I do have an ego -- but my humor diffuses its edges and makes it
palatable.
Please send your pix and your torrid tales of misspent youth
and we'll take it from there. We can always put your 'angel' in
childcare. Au pairs here ('pambantu') go for $20/month.

Muah,
The Snowball
Hhhmmm, gonna have to think about what to say to this.

I did check out the website though, was highly amused by this part:

Lesson 15) Use an aardvark to return your love to center.

An aardvark is that first 'thing' which made you fall in love. That
unexpected turn of a phrase, the effusive laughter that sent wine
through your nose, the veins on the back of their hand * whatever. When
your lover pisses you off and your love goes out of kilter, meditate on
your aardvark, breathe deeply, let it out and give your lover a big
sloppy kiss. Then hit the fucker over the head with an aardvark.
(Beryl Dov Lew)

I like the whole aardvark idea, gonna have to use it some day, but where the hell do you get an aardvark in Oregon? Black market pet stores?

Anyway, maybe I'll just send him here to tell him about me, since I never tell people the horrible truth about what kind of freak I really am. I can't just hide behind my extensive vocabulary here.

Note: Hopefully I will soon have the porn star picture up here, if Jen will ever send it to me, along with pics of Hell's Kitchen. Hopefully.

Anyway, I've been workin my butt off, so I'm gonna go take a nap, a bath, and read a book for a while.

Ta-ta.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will send it, i jsut have to get chris to do it. You have seen his hard drive, he is the only one that will ever find it. LOL here is the URL for the kitchen though, you should be able to just right click and save the pics yourself. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mom97402us/album?.dir=5056&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

4/28/2005 8:52 AM  
Blogger lina warren said...

The Bali guy is a sociopath. Did you know he's at it again? I know him well, by the way. And, to make his "profile" even more attractive, he is also a narcissist. Do not walk away from this man: RUN!

2/03/2009 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home