It's All About Having a Positive Attitude
...and we all know that I am nothing if not positive. (HA!) The temp agency that I thought had rejected me because clerical work was "such a highly competitive field" offered me a job proofreading/editing for an industrial company for $10/hr. full time. Sadly, it's only until the job is done. But it's better than nothing.
So all day I've been trotting around jazzed about making money finally, then I get the notice from UofO to tell me that they are processing the other half of my financial aid. This means I may receive it as soon as next Friday, and it's $1725 not the $1500 I expected. Could it get any better?!
Yes, it could. Half an hour ago I got a call from OSLC where I applied on Wednesday, and they want me to come in next Wednesday for testing, and the Wednesday after for an interview. Halle-fuckin-lujah!!
Now the only question is what do I do about getting time off from the proofreading job to go to the testing and interview. I hope I can manage this, I wish I could do the proofreading from home, then I could do both. Proofreading = temporary, $10/hr., Full time. OSLC = what I want to do, permanent, not certain yet, $1000/month, half time. Tough call.
Anyway, whatever the case I'm so damned giddy I could wet myself. plus, after all of this I still get to go out with the girls tonight.
I have a surprise for them... which I will discuss in more detail in my next post.
So all day I've been trotting around jazzed about making money finally, then I get the notice from UofO to tell me that they are processing the other half of my financial aid. This means I may receive it as soon as next Friday, and it's $1725 not the $1500 I expected. Could it get any better?!
Yes, it could. Half an hour ago I got a call from OSLC where I applied on Wednesday, and they want me to come in next Wednesday for testing, and the Wednesday after for an interview. Halle-fuckin-lujah!!
Now the only question is what do I do about getting time off from the proofreading job to go to the testing and interview. I hope I can manage this, I wish I could do the proofreading from home, then I could do both. Proofreading = temporary, $10/hr., Full time. OSLC = what I want to do, permanent, not certain yet, $1000/month, half time. Tough call.
Anyway, whatever the case I'm so damned giddy I could wet myself. plus, after all of this I still get to go out with the girls tonight.
I have a surprise for them... which I will discuss in more detail in my next post.

2 Comments:
WOOOFREAKINHOO! I love it. That is beautiful. I am so excited for you. And a little envious that you are making more money than I. Dammit, you ARE smarter than me.
But I have a decorated boob, so it evens out. *grin*
Post a Comment
<< Home