Can I Tell You A Secret?
He loves me. I already knew that, but it's nice to have it reinforced.
So there, now all of you who were concerned that I wasn't needing to hear it can rest at ease. He said it, and because he waited to say it, it means more. Because he actually meant it. If he had said it right away when I told him I loved him then it would've been just lip service and not have meant as much. Instead, it means he really does love me.
I'm actually kind of amazed, I didn't expect him to verbalize it so soon. His actions said more than enough, and I figured it would probably be a long time before he said anything. We're thinkers, we both have a tendency to mull things over in our heads long before we say them out loud or act on them. Because of this I figured he'd probably say something around Christmastime.
Which would have been fine, it takes time to know what you're really feeling. It takes even more time to open up and share that with someone.
I'm impressed that he put himself out there enough to tell me. That kind of thing scares the crap out of me, and it takes a lot of guts to just do it. Just like asking someone to move in with you takes a lot of guts.
(I asked him if he'd be okay with me blogging about this, and he said it was okay, and that he figured that was the first thing I'd do anyway.)
:0) See, there's a reason I love him... he understands my insatiable need to blog.
So there, now all of you who were concerned that I wasn't needing to hear it can rest at ease. He said it, and because he waited to say it, it means more. Because he actually meant it. If he had said it right away when I told him I loved him then it would've been just lip service and not have meant as much. Instead, it means he really does love me.
I'm actually kind of amazed, I didn't expect him to verbalize it so soon. His actions said more than enough, and I figured it would probably be a long time before he said anything. We're thinkers, we both have a tendency to mull things over in our heads long before we say them out loud or act on them. Because of this I figured he'd probably say something around Christmastime.
Which would have been fine, it takes time to know what you're really feeling. It takes even more time to open up and share that with someone.
I'm impressed that he put himself out there enough to tell me. That kind of thing scares the crap out of me, and it takes a lot of guts to just do it. Just like asking someone to move in with you takes a lot of guts.
(I asked him if he'd be okay with me blogging about this, and he said it was okay, and that he figured that was the first thing I'd do anyway.)
:0) See, there's a reason I love him... he understands my insatiable need to blog.

1 Comments:
What's not to love? xxx, Lori
Post a Comment
<< Home