Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

3/06/2006

I Can't Help Myself

I love the food network. I've been watching it all morning, sadly, Good Eats comes on right when Mina gets home from school so I don't get to listen to Alton much. He's the master!
I keep seeing things that I want to make, but I don't have the ingredients for them, one of the biggest problems is that they use fresh herbs in almost everything. I miss having an herb garden. My planter with my thyme, oregano, rosemary, tarragon, and lavender grew into the ground at the apartment, so I didn't bring it with me. That's the first thing I'm gonna do with the yard is start a new herb bed. I wonder if it's too late to start the seeds that Karina gave me, it probably is. I shouldn't start them until the end of March.
At least I got to bring my tulips and daffodils with me, and some of my other flowers. I can't wait for it to get warm enough to go out in the yard and plant things. Aaron is friends with a couple in the area, Jeff and Kim, who are ubercool. Kim works for a nursery, or garden store, and I'm hoping she'll be able to help me out with picking plants for the yard.

I have a real fascination with digging in the dirt, no talent for it, but a fascination. My sister has a talent, she can take an old dump or a patch of dry dirt and turn it into a thriving garden full of fruits, veggies, herbs, and flowers. Damn her.
I would like to put in some sort of climber along the back porch, I know that. Maybe a trumpet vine, since wisteria would get too heavy.
And lots of herbs, they're easy to grow and I cook with them a lot.

Anyway, I should quit daydreaming about gardening and cooking gourmet meals, and get to work on the laundry room. Bu-bye.

2 Comments:

Blogger fineartist said...

I love to garden tooooo. And herbs are the best, no doubt. I love the different kinds of mints too, oh man they make the yard smell so frappin good.

3/06/2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

Well, yeah, the Food Network rocks.

Why do you think I watch it all the time?

3/06/2006 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home