Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

3/08/2006

You're Never Gonna Look At Me The Same

I admit, that last post was crossing the too-much-information line a bit.
It just bugged me and I needed to share.

Anyway, I tried to post again earlier and the comp crashed on me in the middle of a sentence.

So now I forgot what I was writing about.
My sister suggested this morning that I get my blog published. She thinks that the past year of my life is a great story, with a happy ending, in blog form. I told her that if she felt it was that good then she is welcome to edit it and submit it to whomever she pleases. Since she does editing for her job, I trust her judgement. She knows what's readable and what isn't.
But I'm not gonna get my hopes up.
Thinking about it though, it is a true story, it encompasses a lot of change, good days and bad, and everything in between. I would read it.
The only thing she would change is the fact that there were many posts I wanted to write, that I didn't feel like I could because the parties involved might read it. mostly those posts involved Aaron, because there was a lot going through my head that I wanted to write out but I was afraid he might take it the wrong way. I'm not so worried about it now, since I sit right next to him while he reads my blog I can gauge his reactions a lot better. I don't wonder about the hidden meaning in his comments anymore.
So maybe I'll go back and throw a few in, that talk about our history, and about how I was feeling back when we first started seeing each other. Primarily, it was just that I felt really good about things and had to stifle the fact that I felt like for once I was doing the right thing, and that I was falling for him long before I ever mentioned it on my blog. I didn't want to scare him off.
Angie said that for a good book, I'd need to supply more details about Aaron and myself so that the reader would like him too. That's kind of hard since it's difficult to express how someone's actions really affect you. I'm an individual, and how his actions affect me are very different from how they would be interpreted by someone else. It gets tricky. But, I'll try to do it, and see what happens.

(Another thing on my list: actually trying to publish my writing.)
Cross your fingers. =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Segue said...

Check out www.blogbinders.com

3/09/2006 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home