Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

4/04/2006

Explanations

As is usual for me Murphy's Law was in effect this weekend.
I swear Murphy and I walk hand-in-hand some days.

I had gone to pick up Mina, after not nearly enough sleep the night before, and stopped at Eat at Joe's for lunch on the way home. Then, about 20 miles from my dad's place we turned a corner and the steering wheel locked up and smoke started billowing out from underneath the hood of the car.

I pulled into the nearest driveway, walked to the house down the street, used their phone (I don't get reception out there)and ccalled my dad to come and get us. It took a while so we waited and enjoyed the company of our hosts for a bit.
We got back to the house, and I called Aaron to let him know what was going on since we had had plans for the evening. He headed down to rescue us, while we waited.
By the time I thought "oh, I should call people and let them know I'm not gonna be able to make it today" it was too late because my phone had died, and I didn't have access to my address book anymore.

We stayed the night at my parents's house then got up at 6 to figure out what was wrong with the car. I drove it down to Joe's and parked it, and discovered that the alternator belt had broken in half. The belt drives the power steering pump, and A/C and the alternator.
So basically the car would run until the battery ran down, but it wouldn't steer for shit. So Aaron and I went into town and picked up a new belt, went back to Triangle Lake and got the tools, spent about 20 minutes at Joe's putting in the new part, and then I headed back to dad's to get Mina, while Aaron headed home.

I stopped in to visit with people, a day late, but nobody was home. So I headed back up here. I'm very sorry if I worried anyone. i'm kinda pissed that after all of that hassle it came down to a $10 part and 20 minutes of labor.

I adore Aaron, because I was freaking out that it was gonna be a huge production that would cost hundreds of dollars, and I'd have to find a mechanic to do the work, etc. But he came through for me, and got it done, and I didn't need to worry after all.
He rocks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Segue said...

Boys come in handy sometimes.

Not often, but sometimes.

4/05/2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I'm getting to you!!!

4/05/2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

Boyfriends are cool.

4/05/2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I can't believe I'm caught up!

4/05/2006 10:17 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Thank God/Goddess for ten dollar parts and a man who knows how to wrangle 'em on! Oh yah!

4/09/2006 2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home