Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

10/04/2005

Sistahs Are Doin' It For Themselves

Since Tammi and I have entered into the world of work we haven't had much time to commune with our inner girlfriend needs. In other words we haven't had a whole lot of time to sit around doing nothing but bitch about our jobs, squawk at our kids, giggle about our romantic lives, and bemoan the loss of our wild and carefree days. As luck would have it we both had today off (with the exception of the 4 hours that I clocked in at work to start reading my training manual) so I took a little time to drive out to BFE Springfield (damn you all, when are you guys gonna git with the program and move to Eugene! gas is expensive.) just to visit with her sans menfolk. It's a totally different experience gabbing with your girlfriends when there are no men around than it is when there are. There was much moaning about the workplace, and even though we both work in highly distinct environments we seem to have a lot of the same issues coming up. People who treat clients like numbers, or worse. Co-workers who have been spoiled into thinking that the workplace is there for them rather than the other way around. The fact that both of us have moved up in the workplace rather quickly, and at times have been called upon to take charge of our co-workers and set them straight. We have a lot in common in our jobs, but a lot differs as well. I have issues with my management while loving my co-workers (most of them, at least), my co-workers are one of the main reasons I get to work every morning, they need me and I refuse to leave them high and dry unless I absolutely have to. Tammi seems to have more issues with her co-workers and gets on pretty well (from the sound of things) with her management team. We both work with people who are too often misunderstood and mistreated, and we both are good people-people who understand where others are coming from and treat them with the respect and even friendship that they deserve. Anyway, just some observations there, it was a fun talk and something I've missed a lot since we started working.

We also talked a bit about Mags, since Tammi has known him for so long it wasn't hard for me to just sit there and blurt out all the things I've been thinking about, how much I miss him when he's gone (which, admittedly, is most of the time), how comfortable I feel around him, even just sitting around the living room on a Sunday morning I don't feel like he's expecting me to do tricks to entertain him, how pathetic I am when he has to leave again, all that stuff. She made the comment that she was kind of amazed at how cute we were together the last time she saw us. I am still a bit astounded that we never thought of this before though, all those years that she and I sat around and went "Mags needs a good woman, who do we know?" and we never could think of anyone we felt was good enough for him.
I'm rambling. I know it.
Sorry.

Like I said, I've been thinking about a lot of things, mostly Mags (usually late at night, because my bed is cold and empty) but also about work, and how I'm managing Mina around my work schedule (which, honestly, isn't going so well), and also I'm thinking about how my mom is doing right now (she's packing her bags to go live with some guy she went to high school with. I shit you not.), and my poor sister who is panicking because the wrong guy told her he loved her (that's a long story). In other words I've had a lot on my mind, it's no wonder I'm having nightmares. I really need to do something fun and a little crazy and cut loose and regain my sense of humor, if I lose that I might as well have lost my sanity.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Three words:

Tequila. Get some.

Just kidding, sweetie. You're doing great, really, when you consider all of the adjustments you've made in such a short time. It's good you're *talking* about it, taking stock, and realizing you need some time for big fun.

Step one is The Plan -- this is a fun step. Step two is following through -- even more fun. In between step one and step two, you have something specific to look forward, and we all need that.

Let's hear all about your wicked plan to cut loose...

10/04/2005 10:53 PM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

Jose and I don't mix well anymore, honestly tequila has started to make me nauseous. I'm thinking more along the lines of hanging our bras out the window while driving around town and all-nighter coffee parties at shari's... that sort of cut loose, but with everyone's schedules it's damned near impossible to do any of that anymore.

10/04/2005 11:56 PM  
Blogger G3T Films said...

Hey Ariel

Thanks for the shout out. Your comments are always welcome.

I tried with the rain thing but forgot about the finances... ah well, devils in the details.

10/05/2005 6:40 AM  
Blogger fineartist said...

There ya go Ariel…that’s the ticket.

There is nothing like a little fun and laughter with your girl friends to heal the soul, maintain sanity and keep the sense of humor healthy.

The party girls here, we try to get tighter at least once a month, and ya, it is nearly impossible for us all to jive schedules but it is well worth it when we are able to.

10/05/2005 3:22 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

oh hell, that should read together. Some do, however, get tight in the process.

10/05/2005 3:23 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

Hey, do I have to bring the prettiest one? Can I just wave it out the window without having worn it? Cause it's a sucky ass bra.

We all know what happens when I go without a bra...this way and that way...way too easily.

I LOVE COFFEE. Give me a date, I will do my DAMNDEST!

10/05/2005 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home