Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

10/03/2005

Zombie Madness

I've been having nightmares lately.

Friday night I dreamed that all of the freezers at work went down at once and Shaun was chucking boxes of frozen plasma bottles at my head and yelling at me to pack all three freezers full of plasma in my compact car and drive them somewhere that had dry ice, while in the background Patti was screaming at me that we needed more donors or I'd never be allowed to go home. I was crying that I wanted to go home, I didn't think it would all fit in my car, I didn't know where to find dry ice, and I felt awful that all of this was being put on my shoulders when I'm just a lousy donor screener peon!

Not a fun dream.

Last night's was worse though, I woke up screaming and had to go outside for a cigarette to calm down before trying to go back to sleep. Last night I dreamed that the center was so desperate to get more donors that they started accepting the living dead as donors. Zombies. I had to screen the zombies and try to get them processed before they got hungry and started trying to eat my co-workers. I was scared to death of them in my dream, but I kept working, getting them through until I got to the last one, when it got too close to me I got claustrophobic and I lost it and panicked and it came after me. It caught me and was leaning over to take a big bite out of my face and eat my brain when I woke up screaming. This has me worried, I don't usually have nightmares at all, and if I do it's usually someone I love who is in danger and the frightening part is that I can't help them, or I'm too late. I'm not normally in any danger in my dreams.
Tammi and my sister both have zombie dreams pretty regularly, but not me.

So I decided to look it up...
and I think I've figured out why I'm suddenly dreaming about zombies.

Check this out dream monsters.

It's my job, it's sucking my will to live, and smothering me, and eating my brain.
Wow, I feel much better now.
*smirk*

Now I just have to use my dreams to figure out how to deal with it. But in my dream I kept steady and did what I needed to despite my fear, until the last zombie and I finally lost it... that was the part where it ate my brain and I woke up screaming. I think my dream is telling me that I can only hold steady at work for so long before I snap and go stark raving mad and get my brain eaten.

Well, that's not good. Maybe I can put a more positive spin on things. Any other interpretations?

5 Comments:

Blogger AnywhereEden said...

I didn't eat either of those or anything else that was bad for my digestion before bed.

10/03/2005 10:23 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

:(

I sorry. It would seem that I have passed my creepy ass dreams onto you. I was just thinking about not having really had one recently.

I hope I didn't just curse myself.

10/03/2005 10:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Very interesting. Here's another slant.

Some interpreters believe that all of the characters in our dreams represent an aspect of ourselves.

Apparently you've got an inner zombie to tame, sweetie, which isn't really all that weird compared to my inner man-with-giant-schlong, is it?

Oops -- too much information again.

There has to be a Wiccan spell to ward off nightmares, no?

10/04/2005 7:21 AM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

actually I hadn't thought of that.
Maybe there is something I can do about my nightmares. Not necessarily a spell, but more of a self-hypnosis/healing kind of thing. Mind over matter right? Um, do nightmare zombies count as "matter"?

10/04/2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

They say that we should confront the things in our dreams that scare us. Stop in the middle of the fear and demand that the object causing the fear reveal to us what it is. I have tried it, it never told me what it was, but I was able to stop the fear.

The dream about your job being impossible, inner fear of failure or snapping. We all have it once in awhile, and since you are dreaming about it, it most likely wont materialize in your reality. Sort of like you are expressing those fears in your dreams, your reality is separate, and in tact. Usually the opposite of what we are experiencing in our dreams. With out my babble, what I mean is, you dream you can’t handle it, but in reality you can.

Do, however, pamper yourself, and give yourself those hugs that we all need to get by. Take care of you, because the stress IS coming out in your dreams.

10/04/2005 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home