Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

11/10/2005

I want to be rich

I know money won't solve all of my problems, and comes with problems of its own, but I want to be rich. 75% of my daily stress stems from the fact that I just don't have enough money to cover my needs (let alone my wants), the other 25% comes from not having enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done. Some of my time-related stress could be alleviated by having a greater income, because I could afford to take more time off for things that I need to do or I could afford to pay someone else to do them for me. For instance, doing laundry is a major chore because I not only have to pay for soap and fabric softener, but I also have to run to the bank to buy a roll of quarters, I have to do my laundry between the hours of 9 am and 9pm, and I have to stay on the premises while it is running because if my laundry is sitting in the machines when someone else wants to use them my clothes will be confiscated by management. With more money I could live in a house with my own washer and dryer and I could start the laundry before leaving for work, and finish it when I got back. I could do laundry in the middle of the night, or let it sit for days in the dryer. I wouldn't have to drive all the way to the bank for quarters before I could wash a pair of socks ever again.

It's the little things. It really is.

I noticed this week that I have been far less of a joy to be around than usual. I'm pretty sure this has to do with the fact that my last paycheck covered my rent and left me with about $28 to make it through the next two weeks. I make about $1200 a month net, I work more than 40 hours a week most of the time, I'm putting in extra hours off the clock trying to get my training done so that I can get my promotion and thereby increase my income, my food stamps were cut from $265 to $44 this month, my babysitter quit on me and is only continuing to watch my kid until the promotion goes through because I just can't afford anyone else, and my daughter is telling her teacher that I don't spend enough time with her.

You can see why I'm a bit stressed? Why I just want to be rich right now? Why I'm not feeling particularly social? Why I'm falling apart?!

Tammi, I don't have the money or gas to get to Boobies'N'Balls night, but I hope you guys have a great time.
Des, I know you are high maintenance, I knew that when I signed up for this friendship, but you're just going to have to cope until Derek's birthday because I don't get paid until the 18th.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I want you to be rich, too. For right now, though, I would settle for a government that doesn't take food off your table when you're just beginning to get a leg-up through hard work. If those bastards get rid of the EIC I'm going to shoot first and ask questions later.

The most stressful year I had as a newly single mom was raising four kids on $25K including tardy child support checks. FOUR hungry kids and rent was $750. The only aid I received was 75% off my daycare bill. No medical insurance. No dental. If the car broke, I had to fix it myself. There were days I had to do laundry in the bathtub and line dry it. If it hadn't been for Daisy's girls' hand-me-downs, my girls would have been naked. Damn, I hear you loud and clear, girl. Hang in there.

11/11/2005 5:29 AM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

Ok. I could have let you do laundry here though. I KNOW it's far to get to.

Do you need a babysitter tomorrow?

And I hear you on the kid thing. I OFTEN feel like I don't spend enough time with him.

He doesn't tell his teacher that though. I'm kind of a lucky bitch. I'm sorry. :s

11/11/2005 4:56 PM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

um, yeah, sure. Hang on, I'll call you in a minute.

11/11/2005 7:49 PM  
Blogger Segue said...

What on earth is "Boobies'N'Balls"?

11/12/2005 7:53 AM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

Boobies'N'Balls was Tammi's idea, it's a night on the town where you start at a strip club (this is the boobies part) and then move on to a cheaper bar with pool tables (the balls part). Make more sense now?

11/13/2005 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home