Letting the Cat Out of the Bag
I'm getting a kitty.
I take that back, I'm getting Mina a kitty for her birthday. Since her birthday is next week, and after paying my rent with this check I will have $22 left in my bank account, I decided to go cheap and get us a free kitten instead of trying to wrangle enough money for presents.
I spent about $30 on my credit card on kitty stuff, and now I just have to find a kitty. I think it will be a very unexpected gift that she will just love, and I've been wanting one for the past 3 years too. I just haven't been willing to get a cat until now because my income was never very steady and despite really wanting one I'm not the type of pet owner to get a pet because I want one but then never pay it any attention or take care of it. So, I have waited. Now is a good time. I am a little concerned that it won't get enough attention during the day since we're both gone a lot, but since Bonnie comes in regularly I figure that she will help pick up the slack in the attention department.
I have to make sure it's a short hair kitty too, because for some damned reason I've developed a cat allergy recently. i'm not allergic to some cats, but I am to others. I still haven't figured out how exactly that works, but it's true. Kithawa, Basil, Baby, and Zazu I have no reaction to at all; but Iggy, Panther and a few others I do have a reaction to. It isn't really a matter of short-hair or long either cuz Kithawa has long hair and doesn't bother me; it's not a matter of how often they're bathed cuz Kithawa never gets a bath, while I'm pretty sure that Iggy probably does. I don't know, it's weird. I figure I'll just go take a look at a litter of kittens and rub my nose on each of the kitties until I find one that doesn't make it itch. :)
So anyway, now everybody knows what Mina is getting... but don't tell! Don't let the cat out of the bag.
I take that back, I'm getting Mina a kitty for her birthday. Since her birthday is next week, and after paying my rent with this check I will have $22 left in my bank account, I decided to go cheap and get us a free kitten instead of trying to wrangle enough money for presents.
I spent about $30 on my credit card on kitty stuff, and now I just have to find a kitty. I think it will be a very unexpected gift that she will just love, and I've been wanting one for the past 3 years too. I just haven't been willing to get a cat until now because my income was never very steady and despite really wanting one I'm not the type of pet owner to get a pet because I want one but then never pay it any attention or take care of it. So, I have waited. Now is a good time. I am a little concerned that it won't get enough attention during the day since we're both gone a lot, but since Bonnie comes in regularly I figure that she will help pick up the slack in the attention department.
I have to make sure it's a short hair kitty too, because for some damned reason I've developed a cat allergy recently. i'm not allergic to some cats, but I am to others. I still haven't figured out how exactly that works, but it's true. Kithawa, Basil, Baby, and Zazu I have no reaction to at all; but Iggy, Panther and a few others I do have a reaction to. It isn't really a matter of short-hair or long either cuz Kithawa has long hair and doesn't bother me; it's not a matter of how often they're bathed cuz Kithawa never gets a bath, while I'm pretty sure that Iggy probably does. I don't know, it's weird. I figure I'll just go take a look at a litter of kittens and rub my nose on each of the kitties until I find one that doesn't make it itch. :)
So anyway, now everybody knows what Mina is getting... but don't tell! Don't let the cat out of the bag.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home