Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

3/24/2006

Can't Sleep

It's almost 2 am. I can't sleep.

Went to bed an hour ago, snuggled up, ready to sleep. Te damned cat is a furnace! Between Aaron heating one side of me, and the cat heating my legs and feet I was roasting.
I'm one of those always cold people, I don't get too hot until it's 100 degrees out, my feet are always icy. When my feet get too hot I can't sleep.

So, here I am, blogging really quick while I smoke a cigarette. Then once my feet have cooled off and my bloodstream's saturated with nicotine I'll go back to bed and try to sleep again.

...Alright, I'm off... g'night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Ugh, me too with the insomnia. I was never so glad to see six o'clock in my life. Six is the official giving up time. At six I can get out of bed and quit pretending I stand a chance at one good sleep cycle. I think it was the diet cherry vanilla coke I had at 6:00.

Mr. Z is a furnace, too.

And the cat must weight fifteen pounds now.

Does beer make your feet hot? It makes my feet hot and tingly, so I avoid beer.

Insomnia was once my friend. I'm not so fond of it anymore.

3/24/2006 4:06 AM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

Actually, a half a beer before bed really helps me get to sleep. But yeah, hot and tingly, that's what keeps me awake.

3/24/2006 7:42 AM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Three words, generic sleeping pills….I would NEVER get to sleep without them….especially since I sleep with old KICKY SNORY. I have counted it, he kicks me about every sixteen seconds, not a hard kick just a soft lob over to my legs; just enough to keep me from EVER getting to sleep without drugs. I can move my legs away from his, his seek me out. I can shove his legs as far over to the other side of the bed as possible, still, like a heat seeking missal, here they come….lob, sixteen seconds, lob.

And get this, if I wake his lobby buzz saw ass up, he gets huffy with ME. I’m like, “Oh no you aren’t giving me shit for waking you up when I have been laying here trying desperately to get to sleep for two hours….fucker.” I know why some females kill their mates, it’s sleep deprivation, got to be. Heh heh.

Xxx, Lori

3/24/2006 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home