Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

3/23/2006

Stranger in a Strange Land

Realization just struck.


I spend more time imteracting socially via my blog/other people's blogs than I do interacting via the phone or face-to-face. It's kinda sad. But, at the same time it has given me the ability to socialize on a much different level than the other ways do. I can be social in my pajamas, while I'm eating, when I need a shower, when I'm sick... And, best of all, you guys didn't start reading my blog because of how I look, or where I hang out, who my friends are, how much money I make, or what I can do for you. You read it because for some crazy reason the inner workings of my mind either fascinate or amuse you. You read it because it is a reflection of who I am, and who I am is important enough to you for you to keep showing up and checking for new posts. I'm an interesting enough personality online that you keep commenting, you keep reading. And therefore I keep posting.
I wouldn't have stuck with blogging if I didn't have readers. I've never stuck to a journal, but knowing that journal is shared with others who's opinions I value makes it worthwhile to keep it up.
I value Zilla's friendship, and love her slightly twisted cynical side. If everything were lovey-dovey and wonderful all the time life would get pretty boring, she can take boring and make it engaging, humorous, or heartfelt depending on her mood.
I value Lori's artistic take on the world, it makes her sensitive to those around her, and seeing how she captures what she sees in her art is sheer euphoria. Even the darker pieces speak loads about her own natural bent towards beauty.
I love Segue's sometimes obscure sense of humor, and value his help in relationship matters. It helps me to see things from the male perspective sometimes. I appreciate the advice he has offered in the past months.
I just plain adore Writer Mom. She's a lot like me in many ways, and her posts are always well-written, sometimes scattered, but they always have a purpose. Like a river they wander around for a while but always reach the sea. Her children keep me smiling with their antics, and I keep hoping and waiting for her to get a play written so I can go see it.

When I started blogging I didn't know what to expect, I really only did it so that I could easily comment on Des's blog. I've spent over a year blogging religiously now, and I've enjoyed every day of it, because even when things get me down I can always go visit some of my friends and read about their lives. It is guaranteed to either make me laugh or make me realize that I'm not the only one who's got it bad, and it ain't as bad as some. Life's just rough sometimes, and I'm glad I have friends to share it with.
(I didn't include the people I know IRL in this list, because they know perfectly well that I love them, and this psot was for the people who might not know. I LOVE YOU GUYS!)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

We guys love you, too!

Oh my GOD! We're all cycling together. WriterMom started two weeks late and I started two days early -- we have aligned with you! Your uterus must be the mother ship calling us home! How 'bout Des? Cheryl? Cathy? Annie? Anyone else on the rag???

3/23/2006 3:52 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

Me too.

As with my part of my last blog where I said I was crampy.

Piercings work better than tylenol.

3/23/2006 8:16 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

Bewbs.

3/24/2006 11:04 AM  
Blogger fineartist said...

What Zilla said; we love you too honey.

Truly those words of yours…well, they are the nicest things anyone has ever said about me and my work. Damn Ariel you are one intuitive little vixen. Heh, heh. Thank you, you made my day righteous for sure.

Wow, wow, that’s about all I can say. Xxx, and love and stuff, Lori

(reminds me of H R Puffinstuff, where you go when things get rough…)

3/24/2006 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home