Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

3/23/2006

Run, Forrest, Run

(am I gonna get sued for that title?)

I have been running today, first to Woodburn to apply for some jobs, then back home to do laundry and clean the cat box (stinky little buggers), then I sat down and played WoW. My character ran across two continents, and what did we learn from this? Continents are big, and riding gryphons is faster. I got damned close to level 24 before I took a break to check my e-mail and answer my abundance of fan mail.... in other words, NONE.

I'm not making dinner. It's not a suggestion, it's not a hint, it's a statement of fact. I'm not making dinner. Which means either a.)we all starve b.)we each scrounge up something edible c.)Aaron picks up dinner on the way home or d.)we eat each other.
(Funny... Writer Mom mentioned cannibalizing her kids in her post today too... coincidence?...or not?)

Whatever the case, I'm not cooking. We're low on groceries, I didn't take out any meat, and I'm on the rag and just don't want to.
Couldja tell? :D

I need to find a job. I have bills to pay, no gas, and the man keeps buying me cigarettes, for which I feel horribly guilty. People keep saying I should just enjoy the break, and relax, but I get bored, I lose momentum, I play too much damned WoW, and I get frustrated by the things I want to do and don't have the money for... and why should I ask Aaron to pay for the things I want? I shouldn't, I'm not the one working my ass off for that money, I have no right to ask him to cover the cost of my wanting to go to the zoo with Mina, or getting my eyebrows plucked, or any of that kind of stuff. Those are my wants (not needs), and not his responsibility. Although I am gonna ask him for some money for groceries, cuz up until I ran out of money I was buying them, and now I can't.

God, I need a job.
My lack of experience is causing me problems again, and no matter how creatively I word things, 7 months working at the plasma center under the most dire of conditions just doesn't cut it with a lot of HR departments.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey, girl. If you've been paying for the groceries all this time and preparing the meals(even lasagna!!!), I'm sure Aaron would love to spring for zoo tickets! You're smart & hard-working; you'll find a job you like soon.

3/23/2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

I mentioned how my friend had made my computer to the head IT guy at work and he was impressed.

He might have asked if you were cute...or maybe just said you were cool.

I hate to say it, but they are going to be hiring for IT soon.

Not that that helps you.

3/23/2006 8:19 PM  
Blogger fineartist said...

Hang in there honey, you’ll find a job and I’ll bet Aaron is not complaining about you not having one either. Right?

Take Aaron to the zoo with you guys….maybe.

And, like you tell me, DO NOT beat yourself up, sheesh if you weren’t a conscientious woman you wouldn’t give two hoots in hell who was paying the bills, so relax while you can, if you can, I know, easier said than done.

Xxx, Lo

3/24/2006 12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home