Cut Off
Last night Mina had a major blowout. I'm not really sure what it was about, al I know is that I came very close to beating her little butt about two hours after bedtime. She was just wigging out, and to add insult to injury she felt the need to write me some nasty little notes about how I was mean, and she hated me because I made her sad. I couldn't stop laughing. Her spelling is getting much better.
So today I have made an effort not to be on the computer, to be available to her when she needs me, to let her spend some time on the computer and to just relax a bit.
Basically I've been cut off of the computer.
In fact, she just came in insisting that she needed more paper and left in a huff when I told her that she had plenty and didn't need any more. I'm looking forward to getting a nasty note about that as well.
I'd better go, cuz one way or another we're gonna have it out tonight, if I have to beat her to get it through her thick skull that I am not her servant or her primary form of entertainment, then I will. But I hate having to do it, since it's just gonna make things worse.
Damned kids, why can't they just chill!
This wouldn't be a problem if she'd go outside and make some friends, then I'd never see her and we'd both be happy with the time we spend together.
So today I have made an effort not to be on the computer, to be available to her when she needs me, to let her spend some time on the computer and to just relax a bit.
Basically I've been cut off of the computer.
In fact, she just came in insisting that she needed more paper and left in a huff when I told her that she had plenty and didn't need any more. I'm looking forward to getting a nasty note about that as well.
I'd better go, cuz one way or another we're gonna have it out tonight, if I have to beat her to get it through her thick skull that I am not her servant or her primary form of entertainment, then I will. But I hate having to do it, since it's just gonna make things worse.
Damned kids, why can't they just chill!
This wouldn't be a problem if she'd go outside and make some friends, then I'd never see her and we'd both be happy with the time we spend together.

3 Comments:
Dare I say that Derek would keep her entertained. ;)
He's just as bad. We MUST be his only form of entertainment.
LOL
Her spelling is improved... that's a bright side! :)
Samps is the same way, always tells people that I am on the computer all of the time, the little shit. Sometimes I do over indulge though, so here’s what we do.
When we get home we both take at least an hour to veg out. I need it after being sucked on all day long by teenaged students and he needs it after being structured all day at the elementary school. Then we dig around for something nutritious and fast for dinner, and since he loves to spend time being attached to my ass, I have him help me. Then if he has homework, he does it, and I bang around on this machine, or paint, or do work from school.
The most important time we spend together, the time that we seem to appreciate the most, is the time we spend together just before he goes to bed. He brushes his teeth and we lay down on his bed and talk together, just the two of us, no interruptions, nothing else yammering away in the background, nothing to steal the other’s attention away. We talk about his day, my day, feelings, life, what we need to do, what we intend to do. I can’t tell you how much this time means to us both, we have solved a lot of problems during this time of ours to just hang and talk. Sometimes we don’t even talk, he lays on his stomach and I rub his back, or we snuggle.
Hang in there momma, you are doing an awesome job. Xxx, Lori
Post a Comment
<< Home