Drum Roll Please...
My weekend went great.
Mags came down to visit and despite the fact that he had a cold (poor baby) we still had a good time. I forced him to catch up on my blog since he hadn't read it for 3 weeks.
And for those of you who have been wondering, yes, I told him that I loved him. His response was "*pause* Look, I didn't run away screaming!" Which was just the right thing to say. Although that was far less of a concern to me than his feeling obligated to return the sentiments. I was more worried that he'd feel pressured to say something in return than I was about him fleeing for his life. Besides, it was 5 in the morning... where the hell was he gonna flee to?
Anyway, it was a good weekend, but too short for my liking. Although the 6 am wake-up call was particularly nice, if you know what I mean. Oddly, this man who hates talking on the phone and never calls anyone if he can avoid it, has called me 3 times in the past 24 hours. I feel amazingly privileged, and kind of flattered in a weird way.
I have tomorrow off, so I'll be back to reading the SOP for work. I think I caught his cold over the weekend, because I've spent most of the day sniffling and sneezing, hopefully it'll be gone by tomorrow but if nothing else I can pop some cold pills and sniffle my way through a few more chapters of reading. At least I don't have to deal with donors tomorrow while I'm not feeling good.
Mags came down to visit and despite the fact that he had a cold (poor baby) we still had a good time. I forced him to catch up on my blog since he hadn't read it for 3 weeks.
And for those of you who have been wondering, yes, I told him that I loved him. His response was "*pause* Look, I didn't run away screaming!" Which was just the right thing to say. Although that was far less of a concern to me than his feeling obligated to return the sentiments. I was more worried that he'd feel pressured to say something in return than I was about him fleeing for his life. Besides, it was 5 in the morning... where the hell was he gonna flee to?
Anyway, it was a good weekend, but too short for my liking. Although the 6 am wake-up call was particularly nice, if you know what I mean. Oddly, this man who hates talking on the phone and never calls anyone if he can avoid it, has called me 3 times in the past 24 hours. I feel amazingly privileged, and kind of flattered in a weird way.
I have tomorrow off, so I'll be back to reading the SOP for work. I think I caught his cold over the weekend, because I've spent most of the day sniffling and sneezing, hopefully it'll be gone by tomorrow but if nothing else I can pop some cold pills and sniffle my way through a few more chapters of reading. At least I don't have to deal with donors tomorrow while I'm not feeling good.

5 Comments:
I'll tell my secretary not to call so often. :P She's always trying to be helpful... What's that? OH, I don't have a secretary? damn, let me think of something else.. :)
YAY!
I'm so very happy for you honey.
All done, and he didn't run.
I don't know why that rhymed.
Wanna come over this weekend??
I have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off!!
SO VERY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!
Maybe, I only have Sunday off though, and I never really know if I'm gonna feel up for hanging out by the weekend. Work just wears me out like you wouldn't believe.
You done good. Real good.
If you were anyone else I know, I'd be expecting you to be flipping the freak out by now, expecting the return ILY.
You gave.
That is fucking huge and I am so happy for you.
No matter where it goes from here, you did the right thing. You were true.
Post a Comment
<< Home