Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

10/05/2005

Open Arms

Yesterday was my day off, and I went to work for four hours to start reading my training manual. What is interesting is how the attitudes around me are changing now that everyone knows that I'm being promoted. Cyndi, who is the front office supervisor (the job Patti tried to get me to take) has started to leave me to handle keeping the other screeners in line. She is kind of upset that I'm leaving the front and keeps telling me that she needs me there and it's not fair that I would leave her and move into the office in the back. The donors have been whining that they need me too. Patti has started randomly popping up and asking me to step out for a cigarette with her in between my breaks, like I'm already salaried instead of being on the clock. Madonna has started referring to the spare desk in the Q office as my desk and even gave me the password to her computer. All of the other peons are looking to me for guidance and bowing to my commands. Honestly, the bowing and scraping is kind of disturbing me.
All in all the attitude towards me is shifting dramatically, I feel like they are all watching me shapeshift from hourly paid nothing to some sort of salary goddess. It's really wierd. (crap, how do you spell weird?).
So now that I have an office, a desk, and am armed with the computer password, I'm just waiting to be handed a key to the building and be entrusted with the security code for the alarm system. Then I'll know I've been completely converted/become a traitor to my fellow employees.

Can you tell I'm a bit ambivalent about this?
It's good money though, and good experience, and it'll look really damned good on my resume to have been promoted this fast.
I just feel like a deserter, like I pushed past everyone else to get the position, or like for some unknown reason I got special privileges. I'd say I feel like someone who's sleeping their way to the top except my boss is female, and I wouldn't go near her with a ten foot pole.

4 Comments:

Blogger AnywhereEden said...

of course I'm having an "I'm not worthy" moment, I'm always having one. I don't feel worthy most of the time.

10/06/2005 7:33 AM  
Blogger Segue said...

A coworker complained to me the other day that they didn't trust him with a key to the building or the security code. I told him he should be glad.

They can never pull a Lumberg on him ("I'm gonna need you to come in on Saaatuurrrdaaay...").

How'd you get your comments to pop up in a window like this, by the way?

10/09/2005 12:53 PM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

Good point, I hate Lumbergs. My stepmom's just like that.
the pop-up window is courtesy of the comments settings in Blogger. I don't know exactly which ones but it's in there.

10/09/2005 1:51 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

Under the commenting tab in the settings. There's an option to click.

10/10/2005 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home