Devil Hunter Ariel

i don't know, i am apparently not creative enough to come up with anything tonight. maybe tomorrow will be better.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Portland Metro, Oregon, United States

A stay-at-home mother of two in the Portland, Oregon area, I find I have a lot of free time during which I write, keep a 200 sq. ft. garden, crochet, and remodel my home. All while dodging a 15 yr old girl and a 5 yr old boy.

4/18/2006

Long Distance Psychics

Phone psychics are highly overrated, I called one once, many many many years ago. It was expensive, and pointless, and really very mediocre.
I do admit to my own superstitious nature readily. I believe in a lot of that sort of hullabaloo (<--great word), but not phone psychics. I tend to believe more that your own psyche has the ability to point out to you via indirect means the truth of your circumstances, because basically you already know these things, you just think them over too much and don't let nature take it's course. Your own wants, needs, and fears obscure the truth from your conscious mind.
At least, that's my take on things. I own a tarot deck. I'm actually pretty good at readings too, I think it's because I shut my mind away from influencing the lay of the cards so that only the person who I'm reading for is affecting them.

My sister and I were talking the other day, and while we were talking she was on the computer doing online I-Ching and tarot readings. I don't know much about I-Ching, but the premise is similar to that of any other divining method. She learned that now is the time in her life when major changes have settled for a while, it's a quiet vacation time, but to get the things she wants she needs to ignore her normally pushy and aggressive nature and try to slow down and let things fall into place in their own time. Patience is not one of her virtues. This will be a challenge for her. Especially since she has recently been reintroduced to a crush from way back in high school, and they are hitting it off nicely.
She's very excited about the idea. I can't help but wonder if this is a trend that others are experiencing too, the situation of suddenly seeing someone you had overlooked before in a new light, someone from your past who has changed or maybe you have changed and things just click between you. It happened to me, I had gotten settled into the idea of being alone, of living out my adulthood as a single parent, and spending my later years in a little house in the woods with cats and vegetables, and maybe Tammi too, if she was alone as well. And then, BAM!, out of the blue, I looked at someone from my past, who I had known for many years, with brand new eyes. Instead of just someone who I trusted to be a friend, but figured probably didn't even remember my name, who was more like a big brother than anything else, I saw an attractive, intelligent, fun, and very sweet person. Someone who can make me laugh when I'm cranky, who tries as hard to do things for me as I try to do things for him, someone who I don't have to mother because he isn't a little boy, but I want to mother because sometimes everyone needs to be taken care of.

Where was I going with this?...
Oh yeah, I hope my sister has found that person.
She tried to do an online tarot reading for me, but it only showed what has already happened. The best we could figure was that I'm on the right path and I just need to be more open, more assertive, and have faith. Sounds good to me, but then again, I already knew that. This is the right path, this is where I want to be, and where I need to be.
There is a certain part of me that is always held back, that is always prepared for the eventual letdown that will come in a relationship. I don't feel like there will be a letdown in this one, but if it comes I will be prepared and if nothing else I will have learned a lot, grown a lot, and hopefully helped him to do the same. Aaron has most definitely instilled a new trust in men in me, I no longer feel like they're all the same, and they are all out to hurt me. This is definitely the right path, and I'm walking it with a smile, wherever it may lead.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Very interesting insights, Ariel.

Speaking of the "letdown," I happen to be one of those cynics who believes it will always happen, in every relationship, and that it isn't necessarily a bad thing. The way I look at it, when the bloom is off the rose, so to speak, and you begin to see some serious faults in your partner, it's an opportunity to make a decision. Is it time to move on, or are we at a point in our lives where we both can benefit from working through this stuff?

I'm watching it happen with BLP right now -- 22 years of marriage, and suddenly her hubby creates a crisis situation, he waffles between staying and walking out, and her resolve to work it through is wearing thin, but there's still hope. If they get through it and grow from the experience (which will take a LOT of work), the relationship will be stronger, and therefore worth the struggle.

Don't fear the letdown. You're on the right path and you have the maturity to work through the challenges along the way.

Now -- about that chocolate cake and bacon...

4/21/2006 4:48 AM  
Blogger AnywhereEden said...

That's a good way to look at it. I've always been the type to just walk away when the letdown hits, it's saved me a lot of wasted time on people who just weren't worth it. I will do my best to listen to the Zilla though, and work through anything that comes my way.

4/21/2006 7:30 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

if a phone psychic has something REALLY IMPORTANT to tell me.
.
.
.
they'll call ME ;)

4/21/2006 1:03 PM  
Blogger SWSNBN said...

*nods*
The letdown.
I know...I've ALWAYS had that "knowledge" that I would eventually break up with each significant other.
Not right away, but it usually didn't take long. Even when I was only pregnant, I really kind of knew that Jake and I weren't going to make it.

I don't feel that way with Ben. I believe he would want to work it out as much as I would. No walking away. =)
Funny...I always expected guys to walk away, but I guess I have done my fair share.

4/26/2006 9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home